Saturday, February 23, 2013

On a Fence

A2 sized card = 5.5" x 4.25"
Card uses Cricut Give a Hoot cartridge
I can't remember if I saw something similar to this fence on Pinterest or if I dreamed it, or both.  I went back thru my Pinterest "pins" and couldn't find what I thought I was looking for.. anyway, here's how I made my card:
  • Mat 1 (solid green) = 5.375" x 4.125" (5 3/8" x 4 1/8")
  • Mat 2 (beige / fence) = 5.25" x 4" - before punching.
  • Fence = to create the fence, use Mat 2 and punch along the top with EK Success Zig Zag punch.  Then take the zig zag and glue it back on the top to make the pointy part of the fence.  I used a brown colored pencil and a ruler to draw the lines down the fence (every 1/4"), creating the panel look of the fence.  I then went over the entire fence cut with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink using long brush strokes.
  • Flowers and Grass = cut at 1.75" from Cricut Give a Hoot cartridge; <Deer1><Border>, on page 30 of the folder.   I cut an addition set of tulip tops and mounted on top of first set with foam tape. 
  • Ribbon = purchased at Walmart. 

Inside of card

Inside of card.  The flowers and grass you see where originally cut too small for the card's front, so I just added them here.
  • Mat 1 (beige) = 4.75" x 3.5".  Edges of mat inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.
  • Flowers and Grass = cut at 1.5" from Cricut Give a Hoot cartridge; <Deer1><Border>, on page 30 of the folder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment