Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Birthday Bees

Hello! I'm hoping to stockpile some birthday cards in order to meet the big demand in my family come this fall.

I used Sketch #258 from Operation Write Home for my card.
http://operationwritehome.org/sketch-258/



Here's my card:

A2 sized card = 5.5" x 4.25"

I used a bee digital paper found on Etsy.  The star image is from the Silhouette store (design ID #45000).  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment was computer generated using font Pharmacy.  I made the banner by creating a rectangle within Silhouette software; adding an extra point on the left end and pulling it in.  The bee was included within the digital paper product purchased on Etsy.

The banner and bee are mounted with foam tape.

Inside view of card

Inside view of card.  To create, I just made rectangles and pattern-filled with the bee digital paper.  The inside stars  and bee are copied from the front of the card and sized to fit.  The outer (larger) rectangle is sized to 5" x 3.75".

Thank you visiting! ~ Marilyn

1 comment: