Monday, April 15, 2013

Cards in Envy Challenge #3 - Things With Wings

Cards in Envy Challenge - Things with Wings!

It's the 3rd Monday of the Month and the folks at Cards in Envy have challenged us to make a card using the theme "Things with Wings."

Here's the card I made:

Things with Wings
A2 size card = 5.5" x 4.25"

I made my card using Cricut cartridges April Showers and Best Friends Imagine.

Here's how I made my card:
  • Mat 1 (green checked) = 5.25" x 4".  Paper colors from Cricut Imagine Best Friends.  Mat edge inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.
  • Mat 2 (black) = 4.25" x 1.75". 
  • Mat 3 (solid green) = 4" x 1.5".  Paper colors from Cricut Imagine Best Friends.  Mat edge inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.  
  • Mat 4 (black) = 3.75" x 3.25".  Mat is attached using foam tape.
  • Mat 5 (yellow pattern) = 3.5" x 3".  Paper colors from Cricut Imagine Best Friends.  Mat edge inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink. 
  • Bird and Bird Cage = cut at 3" from Cricut April Showers Lite cartridge.  Paper colors from Cricut Imagine Best Friends.  Edge of cage inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.
  • Sentiment "Super TWEET" = from My Pink Stamper Punny-licious stamp set.
  • Ribbon = from Michaels 1/8" ribbon.  Bow tied using Bow Easy in middle of ribbon.   Ribbon attached on back of mat with scotch tape.
Inside of card.

Since I used a black card base, I added a liner to inside of card.
  • Mat 1 (beige) = 5" x 3.75".
OWH Sketch #157

To help me create my card, I used Sketch #157 from Operation Write Home.

I'm also entering this on Our Daily Bread - Things That Fly

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful spring colors layered onto black and clean lines/cuts really make this card stand out. I always enjoy seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryn I love how you use your cricut and comeup with some fabulous ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background paper and the colors all together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute card, Marilyn! I love the birdie in the cage!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your super tweet card is just adorable Marilyn, the colors are lovely. I particularly love the background paper! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great choice for a winged things challenge. This card is "super tweet" too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cheery! Love the contrasting color of the cage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on this lovely card. Very clever!
    ......`*•.¸*•¸You Are An ¸•*¸.•*´
    .•:*¨`*:•Awesome DT Member!.•:*¨`*:•.
    ♥ Denise @ Digi Haven ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card. I love the springy colors and design.

    ReplyDelete